Parties looking for a cost-effective and non-confrontational way to move their family law matter forward expeditiously can retain Alexandra as a Case Management Referee. In this role, she will:
- Oversee the orderly production of documents.
- Schedule depositions.
- Curtail abuse of the discovery process.
- Assist in creating timelines and guidance for the systematic preparation of the case.
Most public judicial officers don’t have the time to provide these services. Alexandra is both qualified and capable of implementing these case management services.
The parties themselves (under CCP §638) or the courts (under CCP §639) can appoint Alexandra as a Referee to decide various key issues in a family law matter or to make recommendations to the court regarding resolution of disputes at depositions or other discovery matters. Key benefits of this approach include:
- Alexandra can make recommendations to the judge regarding discovery matters, such as claims of privilege, and can make immediate rulings on objections during depositions of parties and witnesses. This helps streamline the discovery process and reduce the number of court appearances.
- Alexandra can oversee division of personal property to ensure that it proceeds in accordance with the parties’ agreement or the court’s order.
- Alexandra can provide the parties with expeditious rulings on complex accounting and other issues, to reduce the parties’ reliance on the overworked and under-funded public court system.